HUBUNGAN DUKUNGAN SOSIAL ORANGTUA DAN MOTIVASI BELAJAR DENGAN KEMANDIRIAN BELAJAR SISWA DI SMA NEGERI 7 MEDAN

Psikologi Prima, Volume 4 No. 2 Tahun 2013

Senin, 22 Juli 2013 16:11 | Sudah dibaca 577 kali

Basically this study aims to examine the relationship of social support and motivation to learn the parental learning independence. This research subjects adalahpara students at SMAN 7 Medan, amounting to 72 people. Based on the translation of the literature review chapter, the research hypothesis proposed that reads: 1). There is a positive relationship between social support parents with learning independence. It means that the higher the parents' social support, the higher learning independence. Conversely the lower parental social support, the lower the learning independence. 2). There is a positive relationship between learning motivation and learning independence. Meaning that the higher the motivation to learn, the higher learning independence. Conversely the lower the motivation to learn, the lower the learning independence. Based on the analysis of the Product Moment Correlation Technique, obtained the following results: 1). It is known that there is a significant positive relationship between social support parents with learning independence. These results can be seen from rx1y correlation coefficient = 0.459 > rtable = 0.227 or p < 0.010. Thus the hypothesis is accepted. 2). It is known that there is a significant relationship between learning motivation and learning independence, which obtained figures rx2y correlation = 0.463 > rtable = 0.227 or p <0.010. Thus the hypothesis is accepted.

Known weight of the variable contribution of social support parents to learn independence variable is equal to 21%. Then the motivation variables accounted for 21.5%. Based on these results, it is known that the total contribution of the two independent variables on the dependent variable is equal to 42.5%. Means that there is still a 57.5% effect of other variables on independent learning. These subjects have expressed high parental social support, because the average empirical value is greater than the average value of a hypothetical. Then the subject of this study stated that tend to have high motivation to learn, because the average empirical value is greater than the average value of a hypothetical, but the difference of the average value does not exceed the number 12.572. Further note that the subject of this study has revealed a high learning independence, because the average empirical value is greater than the average value of a hypothetical.

Kata Kunci: Dukungan sosial, Motivasi Belajar, Kemandirian Belajar